Saturday, 22 August 2015

My Week with INXS Day 4 - Need You Tonight

Day 4 of my week with INXS and today its 'Need You Tonight'.

This was the first single from their album 'Kick'. Released in 1987, this was a massive hit, reaching number 2 in the UK singles chart.

Its a bit synthesiser, and has a really distinctive riff to it that makes you instantly recognise it. Hutchence sounds breathy and sultry on this one. Its a real stand out track.

That riff "de de de, de-de-de" really hooks you in. As do the lyrics. It kicks in with "All you got is this moment, 21st Century's yesterday". This is one of those songs where somehow you realise you know all the words!! "So slide over here, and give me a moment, your moves are so raw". Its quite a lustful song I would say, rather than a love song!

The video is quite random. Different images of the band and Hutchence kind of overlaid over one another. Some in colour, some still, some moving, some in black and white. Its interesting to watch, albeit not a lot happens.

This is a great song and its one of those that you really remember as being their signature track.

Go take a listen, remind yourself of this classic, and let me know what you think. For more of My Music, check out my page here. Happy listening :)

No comments:

Post a Comment