Thursday, 3 September 2015

My New Single of the Week - Galantis - Peanut Butter Jelly

My single of the week is the totally addictive 'Peanut Butter Jelly' from Galantis.

Galantis are a swedish dance duo, Christian Karlsson and Linus Eklow. They've already had a massive hit with Runaway (U&I) but this is much better, in my humble opinion of course!

Both this single and the previous one are from their debut album 'Pharmacy' released earlier in 2015.

Officially released as a single in July 2015, this is only now reaching its peak in popularity and getting some serious airplay.

I watched the video that accompanies this single today for the first time. One word - brilliant! It starts as a car pulls up, cleverly playing U&I! The scene changes to a supermarket, where various frumpy and dull types queue for their merchandise. A hottie is sucking on a lolly in one aisle. Suddenly, a large man dons a very unflattering lycra number and starts to dance. He's sooned joined by others, and eventually the whole store erupts into a dance floor. Its such a funny video - well worth a watch.

This is a really catchy, really addictive song. Its also quite sexual really, or sounds it anyway. I'm not sure why really, as it doesn't overtly say anything, just "Spread it like peanut butter jelly, Do it like I owe you some money" somehow sounds a bit risque!!

I think its fair to say I absolutely love this dance track. Upbeat, great sound, great pace, funny, catchy - what's not to love? I defy you to take a listen of this and not get it stuck in your head all day!! Go on, what are you waiting for?

You can find all my previous singles of the week and loads more over at My Music page here. Scroll down for the singles. Happy listening :)

No comments:

Post a Comment