Friday, 11 March 2016

My New Single of the Week - Chase and Status ft. Slaves - Control

My new single of the week is from Chase and Status featuring Slaves with the brilliant 'Control'.

I have long since been a bit of a Chase and Status fan. One of my all time favourite songs is their fantastic collaboration with Plan B - 'End Credits'. This is no 'End Credit's' though.

This is fast. This is nasty. This is dirty. This is absolutely angry, absolutely full blast, and absolutely brilliant!!

Chase and Status have been around a while. They are an English duo, and dance / electro music who formed in 2003. Slaves are another English duo but these guys are punk. They've been around since 2012. I can't say I have heard of Slaves, but if this is anything to go by, I am going to look up some of their previous stuff as this is mega.

'Control' was released in late Feb 2016 as a single. Its going to feature on C&S next album.

This is a great song to turn up loud. The lyrics are just so angry!! "Orders are orders are orders", "That's not my plan, I don't wanna be that man". "Who'd you think you're talking to!".

Yep - angry stuff. Catchy though, really dark, and just not possible to listen to turned down low. This is loud!!!! and in your face, and I think it is one of the best songs I have heard in a long time.

It has punk, it has a pulse, it has angst, it has soul, and its catchy as hell.

Fabulous stuff. Go take a listen, and let me know what you think. For more of my singles of the week, check out My Music page - just click here. Happy listening :)

No comments:

Post a Comment