Sunday, 28 August 2016

A Look Back at My Week With The Rolling Stones

My Week with The Rolling Stones is over. Its been rock and roll at its classic best. I was too young to really remember the Stones the first time around, but you would have had to be living under a rock to not be aware of them and their music.

I can now say though, that I had no idea how great a live band they appear to be judging by their many live recordings. I can also say that I had no idea just how many of their songs feature in well known films, TV and ads. I knew more of their stuff than I had thought!

So now then, at the end of my week, with seven songs listened to and reviewed, its time to crown the winner - my favourite. So here goes:

In at number 1 it is: Gimme Shelter
At number 2: She's A Rainbow
Number 3: Paint it Black
Number 4: I Can't Get No (Satisfaction)
Number 5: Ruby Tuesday
Number 6: Start Me Up
Number 7: Jumpin' Jack Flash

My absolute favourite is Gimme Shelter, not least because of which films specifically it features in! Click on the link to see which ones!! So that's it - the end of my week with the classic rock band.

If you want more, and can't wait for the next "My Week With" then check out my previous ones and my singles of the week, plus more on My Music page by clicking here. Happy listening :)