Wednesday, 24 August 2016

Single of the Week - Calum Scott - Dancing on My Own

My new Single of the Week is the lovely 'Dancing on My Own' from Calum Scott.

Calum Scott is that guy off last year's Britain's Got Talent. Nope? Me either. However, he has released his version of the Robyn classic, and it is simply breathtaking. He did this on the show, so I am not at all surprised that he has released it - its too good not to.

This single started slow, creeping into the top 40 earlier this year, but its only recently its got more mainstream attention and started to climb.

Calum has beautiful vocals, and they perfectly suit this song's emotional edge. In the original slower version, its simply haunting, and you feel his emotion. In the Tiesto remix, its given more street and bass and it still sounds amazing.

The Robyn version was gorgeous, so to begin with this song is wonderful. Calum though takes it to new levels, with his husky vocals and raw emotion. It just reaches inside you and grabs you.

I absolutely love this song, and although I had never heard of Mr Scott, I now consider myself a fan 100%. Great stuff.

Go take a listen, and let me know what you think. For more music, singles of the week and loads more, check out My Music page here. Happy listening :)