Monday, 19 September 2016

A Bath for Bluebell the Bear!

Bluebell is a pale blue bear that I loved when I was younger. Somewhere over the years, she got neglected. I thought she was lost and I confess I hadn't thought of her for a long time. But there she was in a bag of old toys my mum had kept in her loft. 

She was looking some what worse for wear. She was also not so much pale blue, but mucky dirty blue. Presumably from several years stuck in the loft gathering dust. Emergency treatment was required. 

Bluebell had to have a bath. It was a risk to take. This is a bear that is well over 30 years old. (I shall not say any more on that subject!) Here she is taking the plunge. 



I was most concerned that she might shrink, turn a funny colour, fall apart! There was no choice to be had here though - she was too dirty and she smelled musty. 

I can report that Bluebell survived her ordeal and is now where she should be. With the other toys that I hold most dear. A happy ending for one precious little blue bear. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment