Sunday, 25 September 2016

New Years Resolutions for 2016 - 5 so far!!

Resolution 1 - My first resolution is to reach my goal weight. My goal weight is 10 stone 7lbs. I can only dread what weight I am currently. A lot heavier than before Christmas I have no doubt.

I would put my weight somewhere around 14 stone currently. Possibly worse. I can tell by my clothes - in that they don't fit me!!

So this one starts on 4th January 2016. So that means somewhere in the region of 3 and a half to 4 stone to lose. (I will face the scales on Monday and report on exactly how bad the situation has become!!)

I turn 40 this year, and I will crack this diet business!

Resolution 2 - sort my finances.

This is very important to me. I have a target in mind for this year - to clear credit debt, increase savings, and start to pay extra off my mortgage.

The plan is to use loyalty schemes, cashback sites, voucher codes and so on to keep costs down. To shop around for deals and services, along with entering competitions. Anything saved, I shall sweep into an account and gradually chip away.

I'm not massively in debt, but it can so quickly spiral and I will not let that happen. So, Resolution 2 - sort my finances.

This is a long term plan this one, but from small acorns and all that.

Resolution 3 - get fit. This one will help me to accomplish resolution 1 - which is to reach goal weight.

Now, when I say get fit, I mean in both ways. Fit as in physically fit - able to beat my fastest run time (from my last attempts), strong, healthy. Fit as in looking fit - a fine tuned body, that is bikini ready.

This is going to take more determination than the diet will. Dieting is all about will power, eating in moderation, keeping the carbs down. Its hard but I know what I'm doing and you can have a treat.

This resolution is going to be harder than that. It will hurt. I will ache, I will have to endure personal training sessions, sore muscles, and go to the gym a lot. I will have to work out at home, walk more, jog more, generally move more. This is a commitment, not a short term plan.

So resolution 3 is the toughest on the list so far. Get fit.

Resolution 4 - drink less. I've consumed far too much over Christmas. So, resolution 4 is that I want to drink less. When I say drink less, I'm referring to alcohol.

January 4th, is the start of the diet and health kick. So alcohol is being kicked too.

Resolution 4 - drink less.

Resolution 5 - learn to cook.

I am going to learn how to cook this year. I am rubbish in the kitchen, but fresh from cooking Christmas Dinner for the first time ever, I am feeling inspired! Here is my list of things I want to learn how to cook:
  • Roast Potatoes
  • Mash potatoes
  • Yorkshire Pudding
  • Lasagne
  • Shepherd's Pie
  • Chicken Kiev
  • Chicken chop suey
  • Ravioli
  • Potato skins
  • Homemade soup
  • Garlic mushrooms
  • Homemade burger
  • Cheesecake
  • Fish and chips
  • Sponge pudding
  • Meat and Potato Pie
  • Hunters Chicken
  • Cajun Chicken
  • Mushroom Risotto
  • Chocolate Fudge Cake
  • Chicken fried rice
  • Chicken Chow Mein
  • Beef enchiladas
  • Satay Chicken
  • Carrot and parsnip mash
  • Homemade bread
  • Pizza
  • Beef in black bean sauce
  • Sweet and sour chicken
  • Cheese and onion quiche
  • Chocolate brownies
  • Lemon chicken
  • Cupcakes
  • Crispy seaweed
  • Treacle pudding
  • Chicken gyoza
  • Spring rolls
  • Cucumber maki
  • Pumpkin katsu
  • Scones
  • Beef Teriyaki
  • Apple crumble






No comments:

Post a Comment