Monday, 28 November 2016

The Exploding Chopping Board! - remember this?

Picture the scene. You come home from work and you start to do some cleaning. The radio is on, there is some great music playing, you are giving it some moves whilst you clean. I had cleaned the whole kitchen, and was just about to move the herbs to clean the work top and chopping board. I had washing piled and ready to go. I put a hot cloth on the chopping board when there was a crackling noise, loud. This then happened:


The entire glass chopping board exploded. When I say exploded, I mean literally shot everywhere - it disintegrated into millions of pieces. 


For several seconds I could hear a ticking sound. It took me a moment to work out what it was. It was the pieces of glass dropping back from the ceiling and everywhere else it had exploded into. It was everywhere. It took me not far off an hour to pick up all the pieces and the following day I was still finding small shards. 

I have no clue what happened. It was a proper chopping board and surely they should not just explode!!! Thankfully, I was far enough away from it that it didn't hurt me, but my god it shook me up!! The most annoying part? This happened after most of the cleaning was done!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment