Thursday, 29 December 2016

Booking myself in for another Hot Stones Massage!

Back in March last year I experienced the absolute joy of a hot stones massage. Let me tell you all about it as I'm about to book in for another blissful session.

My treatment was a spa sensation treatment that included a hot stones massage. I hadn't had this type of massage before, and all I can say is "wow".

To begin with it was body brushing to my back, hips and back of my legs. My legs were very sore from the gym, so I was looking forward to it anyway.

After the body brushing, she smoothed some sort of oil on my back and legs, massaged my feet to begin with which was blissful. I love my feet being massaged it is just beyond relaxing.

Then she applied the hot stones. They were very hot, but the sensation was wonderful. As she moved the stones up over the back of my calves and ankles, it was the most stress relieving sensation I have ever experienced.

She moved up onto the back of my thighs and the soreness just evaporated. The heat seemed to stimulate my muscles and by the time she had finished with my legs, I felt calm, relaxed and ready to do my squats!!

Next she worked the stones over my lower back and hips, and up my back finishing with my shoulders and neck. I did not want it to end.

I recommend this massage so highly. I've had deep tissue massage for sore muscles and stress before, but this was more gentle, more calming and just amazing.

All I need to do now is get myself booked in for a bit of pre- New Year pampering ! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment