Friday, 16 December 2016

Christmas Songs Day 10 - Slade 'Merry Xmas Everybody'

For Day 10 I have chosen the classic Slade number 'Merry Xmas Everybody'.

This single was first released way back in 1973!! That's before I was even born, yet its still one of the main and best known classic Christmas songs. Unlike some other continuing Christmas songs, this one actually hit the number one spot on its original release.

Easily the most recognisable of the Christmas tunes, when Noddy Holder's vocals kick in, its also Slade's biggest and most enduring hits.

I love this song and long may its popularity continue to last.

So there it is - Day 10. Here are my previous choices:

Day 9 - David Bowie & Bing Crosby 'Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth'
Day 8 - Mariah Carey 'All I Want for Christmas'
Day 7 - Gabrielle Aplin 'The Power of Love'
Day 6 - Kylie 'Santa Baby'
Day 5 - Elton John 'Step into Christmas'
Day 4 - Wham 'Last Christmas'
Day 3 - Band Aid 'Do They Know its Christmas'
Day 2 - Wizzard 'I Wish it Could be Christmas'
Day 1 - Johnny Mathis - Its Beginning to Look at lot like Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment