Thursday, 8 December 2016

Christmas Songs Day 4 - Wham - Last Christmas

So for Day 4 I have chosen this classic from Wham 'Last Christmas'.

This was unbelievably released way back in 1984. It peaked at number 2 in the UK singles chart, held off by Band Aid, who Wham were also part of, so not all that bad!!

Wham were huge back in the 80's - I remember, even at the tender age of 8 that year, having the biggest crush on Mr George Michael!!

The video was the height of cheesiness, and seems even more silly in retrospect - time has not been kind to those fashion styles!! However, the song has stood the test of time and still sounds great.

This is what it is - pop cheesy Christmas tastic!! I love Wham and I love this song, and it makes me feel very nostalgic and Christmassy all at the same time.

So there we have Day 4.

Day 3 - Band Aid 'Do They Know its Christmas'
Day 2 - Wizzard 'I Wish it Could be Christmas'
Day 1 - Johnny Mathis - Its Beginning to Look at lot like Christmas


No comments:

Post a Comment