Thursday, 8 December 2016

Christmas Songs Day 5 - Elton John - Step Into Christmas

Day 5 of my songs for Christmas and today its Sir Elton John with his brilliant 'Step into Christmas'.

Step into Christmas was released back in 1973. What I didn't know is that there was a B side to this single titled 'Ho, Ho, Ho (Who'd be a turkey at Christmas)'!! Little fact for you there fact fans!!

Back to the better known A side. It peaked at number 24 in the UK singles chart which surprised me given its subsequent longevity. It is a great song, and it still sounds good. Elton has released so many great songs, but this is one of my fav Christmas songs ever.

This song sounds like a 70's song, but it also sounds good when its played at Christmas time. This was in fact Elton in collaboration with Bernie Taupin, who he has worked with for many many years. Elton is one of the all time greatest British artists, and its no surprise that he's up there with one of the best festive songs too.

So there we have my choice for Day 5.

Check out my previous choices for the first 4 days:

Day 4 - Wham 'Last Christmas'
Day 3 - Band Aid 'Do They Know its Christmas'
Day 2 - Wizzard 'I Wish it Could be Christmas'
Day 1 - Johnny Mathis - Its Beginning to Look at lot like Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment