Wednesday, 11 January 2017

The Desire to change must be Greater than the desire to stay the same

The Desire to change must be Greater than the desire to stay the same - wise words. For me, this means not giving in to temptation now, and keeping on track.

Today is a rare and wonderful opportunity to spend some "me time" and get some things done. My usual "me time" consists of eating chocolate, biscuits and generally sat on my backside watching telly. I work hard!!

However, I also am fed up of being overweight and out of shape. So these two things do not regulate. They don't go together - they are not love and marriage, horse and carriage. They are polar opposites.

So, the desire to eat biscuits has to come second now - second to the desire to change. Otherwise, there is no point whatsoever in bemoaning the size of my thighs. If I sit on my bottom eating biscuits my thighs will only change for the worse!!

Every time I want to trough from now on, I shall remind myself of this. Change happens when you start. Maintaining it is tough. But 6 months from now when I look back at this day and when (hopefully) I have thighs I can crack a nut with - it will be worth it. Here goes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment