Saturday, 4 March 2017

My Single of the Week - The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This

My single of the week this week is the brilliant new collaboration from The Chainsmokers and Coldplay with 'Something Just Like This'.

I heard this for the first time on The Brits when they performed it live and it blew me away. I am a massive Coldplay fan anything, but I also love the Chainsmokers new stuff as well.

The Chainsmokers are an American duo, and of course Coldplay hail from Blighty. The Chainsmokers had their first hit back in 2014, whereas Coldplay have been going since 1996 and hit the big time with 'Yellow' back in 2000.

On paper, this combination shouldn't work but it sounds like it should have been obvious that these two groups would in fact work like a dream. Chris Martin's vocal range is superb - from the soft and deep start it builds to a real climax, which combined with the guitar and the electro synth gives it something special and really dramatically satisfying.

I love the lyrics to this song 'I'm not looking for somebody with some super human gifts, some superhero, some fairytale bliss, just something I can turn to, somebody I can kiss'.

Its just a really uplifting feel good song and it was an immediate tune for me. If you haven't heard it go and take a listen and let me know what you think of it. If you want more singles of the week and music stuff you can find it over at My Music page - just click here. Happy listening :)

No comments:

Post a Comment