Sunday, 30 April 2017

I would love to be a Salvage Hunter!!

I would so love to do this for a living. Finding hidden gems, bagging a bargain. My absolute dream job.

I would do a Kirsty Allsop - checking out what's gone into skips for starters - vintage doors, mirror frames, stuff you can upcycle. Fabulous.

Then there's the bigger scale stuff that the proper salvage hunters do. Going to storage yards and stately homes to find items that you can do up and sell for £'s profit. Iron benches, church pews - you name it.

There is just something appealing about making something disregarded into something special.

The only issue is you need an income or a solid amount of savings to live off in case you don't find a bargain or you can't sell it on. I'm not quite there yet, but its where I want to be.

I want to be a salvage hunter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment