Saturday, 1 April 2017

My New Single of the Week - Kasabian - You're in Love with a Psycho

My new single of the week is from Kasabian with 'You're in Love with a Psycho'.

Ok, not the most politically correct way to refer to someone, but hey - its a great song, so lets just move right on past that.. Its just great to have this Brit band back on the music scene as far as I am concerned. Its been too long.

So, Kasabian first came together back in 1997. They are from Leicester, and they have released five studio albums, with their sixth outing For Crying Out Loud being released this year. Now I love some of their older stuff, particularly the tracks from their album West Ryder PauperLunatic Asylum, but having heard this track I'm excited to hear this album.

'In Love with a Psycho' is what I would describe as a grower. I heard it first, and it didn't immediately hook me if I'm honest. It took a few listens, but then it seemed to stick. Now I find myself walking around singing it constantly - and I absolutely love it!

Kasabian are a rock band, but this song has a bit of a softer feel to it somehow - not pop, just a softer style - not so angry. The video, if you can get past the stereotype stuff, is actually funny. Especially with it featuring Noel Fielding! Very silly, but very funny.

So the boys are back. Its been 3 long years since their last new stuff, and its overdue. Back with a bang with this though - brilliant stuff.

Go take a listen and let me know what you think. You can find loads more singles of the week and more over at My Music page - just click here. Happy listening :)