Saturday, 6 May 2017

My idea of a perfect menu

I like food, but I would not describe myself as a "foodie" as such, on account of being quite picky about things.  I often find myself going out for meals and having a limited choice on the menu given that some places don't cater for us not quite veggie but a little wary of meat eater types - I actually don't think we have a category - awkward maybe??

You go to the traditional pub menu and your choices tend to be lasagne, chilli, or chicken breast or burgers. For the more up market venues, you do get gourmet burgers, chicken skewers or mexican food like fajitas. I don't always want a veggie option, but what I cannot cope with is steaks, and meat on the bone or anything I have to fight with - fish with bones in, or crab, lobster etc...

My ideal menu would probably be Italian overall - lots of choices for me - gnocchi, pizza, pasta, bruschetta - mmmm. Mexican is also good, as is curry and balti. Chinese - again, lots of choices. Its when you go to a "non country" type restaurant that I struggle, and I like to go to somewhere more varied. Much as I love Italian, Indian, and Chinese, I would prefer to mix and match.

With this in mind, I have come up my ideal menu, should I ever have the choice to create it!

My perfect menu:

Starters:

  • Potato skins
  • Nacho's
  • Crispy aromatic duck and pancakes
  • Onion bhaji
  • Poppadom and choice of dips
  • Pate and toast
  • Garlic mushrooms
  • Bread board with oils and vinegars
  • Staffordshire oatcakes with choice of fillings
Mains:
  • Chicken Tikka Massala
  • Gourmet burger with stilton
  • Chilli Burrito
  • Red Thai Curry
  • Gnocchi with three cheese
  • Cajun Chicken breast
  • Sizzly chicken skewers
  • Lemon chicken
  • Spaghetti Bolognese
  • Mushroom stroganoff
  • Sausages and mash with gravy
  • Sweet and Sour Chicken
  • Chilli con carne
Desserts and Afters
  • Cheese board
  • Hot chocolate fudge cake
  • White chocolate cheesecake
  • Chocolate sundae
  • Death by chocolate
  • Apple crumble
  • Jammy doughnuts with cream
  • Sticky toffee pudding
  • Pancakes with toppings
Speciality Drinks:
  • Speciality milkshakes with real choc choices
  • Irish or liqueur coffees
  • Speciality coffees - mochas, latte, cappucino
  • Spritzers
  • Cocktails

No comments:

Post a Comment