Friday, 23 June 2017

My New Single of the Week - Despacito by Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee

My single of the week is the very brilliant 'Despacito' and the version from Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee - not the Bieber one!

Both artists are from Puerto Rico, and this version is completely in Spanish, making it very unusual. Apparently, its the first mainly Spanish song to hit the top of the charts since the Macarena! Blimey.

What I love about this song, is that its totally summery. Its funky, its sexy, its sultry and despite being Spanish, you can sort of sing along to it, and you can most certainly dance to it. It has a seductive pulse to it, and it makes you feel good.

The video is beautiful - very low key - just a group of them hanging out, looking cool and happy singing away. The girl is stunning - cue making me actually get on the treadmill! Clearly never eaten a pie in her life, hence looking like that. No wonder they are singing to her!

I love the sort of reggae feel to it, though its still a pop song. Its just so different from anything else - I absolutely love it. It does kind of make me feel a bit like its a nod to Santana - who takes Latino cool to a new level. That is a compliment by the way.

Funky, sexy, catchy - what more do you want from a summer tune? I do like the Bieber version, but I prefer this one.

If you have somehow missed this version, go check it out. Let me know what you think. If you want more music then check out My Music page here. Happy listening :)