Saturday, 8 July 2017

My eating plan for the next 3 (and a half) weeks and why I am not losing weight

Just three and a half weeks to go now until the bikini must be donned once again. Right now that prospect fills me with utter dread. I have been dieting and exercising, but the weight has firmly refused to budge. Leaving me way over the weight and size I wanted to be. Drastic changes must be made therefore to maximise my efforts this coming few weeks then.

This final push will involve upping my protein, taking in a small amount of wholegrain carbs, and cutting out any form of snack - low fat, low sugar - no matter, its not coming in. I'm not much of a meat eater, I rarely eat any at home - the odd bit of chicken breast, and I hate tuna, so this is going to be a challenge for me.

I do eat Quorn, but its not enough. Having really upped my game on the exercise front, including resistance and weight training, as well as cardio and sculpting work, I have researched why the scales are not dropping. It would appear that its down to something called Adaptation. Basically, my muscles are tearing and ripping, repairing using protein, but then requiring water as they first inflame and then repair. Resulting in my retaining a lot of water. Its temporary apparently, but upping the protein can help fuel my body - rev my engines if you will, and also speeds up the repair meaning less water, meaning weight loss again.

Its worth a go I reckon, as so long as I keep tracking my calorie intake, and just change the type of foods, I should see results. So my plan is to incorporate these foods:

  • Eggs - in moderation
  • Nuts - almonds, pistachios, walnuts
  • Chicken breast
  • Oats
  • Broccoli
  • Lean Beef - mince in my case
  • Pumpkin seeds
  • Sprouts
Yes, no tuna on there, and no fish - I can't bear the stuff other than fish fingers which I don't think is what they mean when they say "fish". I can tolerate some chicken and some lean beef if I cook it with something else. 

I am also massively cutting back on salt - I've cut out even low fat crisps as if I am retaining water, salty foods have got to go as they only make things worse. I'm also staying off the low cal fizzy drinks - water, fruit juices and green tea for me from now on! 

I have also decided to eliminate bread for the time being. I've switched to crackerbreads and wraps - all in all, this should help the scales start to move again. 

Its only for 3 weeks, so if it doesn't work, its not going to make things any worse. If it does work, I can resume when back off holiday. Worth a go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment