I have a cold. Not flu - I don't think its heading that way, but I am snuffly, red nosed, sneezy and sore swollen throat and gummy ears. Not pleasant to feel like this, and not looking particularly attractive either! All in all, its like not ill but ill - not bad enough to be considered serious, but serious enough to make you damned miserable.
So what is the best way to deal with this situation? Here is my round up of how I deal with it:
- Antiseptic throat spray to numb it a little
- Sweet tea
- Binge TV watching
- Thick socks
- Hot shower / bath
- Lots of body cream - so when you clammy, you smell yummy!
- Brush my teeth a lot
- Mouth wash a lot - gummy mouth - yuck
- Ice cream
- Heating on a nice temperature
- Soft lighting
- Paracetamol or ibuprofen as appropriate if you have temperature or aches
- Layers - no thick clothes - just layers for heating up / cooling down as temperature fluctuates!