Its definitely winter. The heating is turned up, the washing machine is on, and the clothes will be drying either in the tumble dryer or on the radiators, so no hanging the washing on the line this weekend!
So what could be better than flying off to somewhere warm? Here are my best bits of a winter sun break:
- The temperature obviously - 24-29 degrees on average in the Canaries in November
- The beaches - nothing like lying on a beach when its sub zero back home!
- The views - the Canary islands are beautiful mountains, beaches, adventures
- The restaurants - varied and you can find really good food for great prices
- The prices - much much cheaper than the UK for food and drink
- The relaxation - get a massage and chill out
- Getting in the pool - it feels amazing in winter
- Splash in the sea - great waves make it exciting just having a paddle!!
- Watersports - the Canaries are famous for its surfing and watersports
- The landmarks - volcanoes, lighthouses - you name it
- Eating Alfresco - this just does not happen in winter in the UK!
- Beach picnics - pack your lunch and off you go!
- Not having to rush - nowhere to rush to, take your time
- Read a book or several uninterrupted!!
- No beach sellers - its rare that you get any hassle at all
- No tights required!!
- No slippers required either !!!
- Hot chocolate not needed